Awards and Records:
1. YOUNG ARTISAN AWARD BY THE CRAFTS COUNCIL OF INDIA 2018-19
2. STATE AWARD 2008-09 BY RAJASTHAN GOVERNMENT.
3. STATE AWARD “CERTIFICATE OF EFFICIENCY” 2002-03 BY RAJASTHAN GOVERNMENT.
4. CERTIFICATE BY“THE 2ND BELT & ROAD INTERNATIONAL ROOT CARVING CULTURE EXCHANGE WEEK 2018”
5. CERTIFICATE BY 2018 WORLD WOOD DAY,WENZHOU, CHINA.
6. ACHIEVEMENT CERTIFICATE BY WENZHOU SPECIAL EDUCATION SCHOOL, CHINA.
UNIQUE WORLD RECORDS -
ASIA BOOK OF RECORDS -
INDIA BOOK OF RECORDS -
Exquisite Carvings in Sandalwood
Mohit, a young artist of 30 years, is the fourth-generation scion of the Jangid family, renowned for their miniature sandalwood artwork. His great-grandfather, Malji Jangid, initiated the craft in Churu town in north Rajasthan, decades ago. The family's skillful creations have earned them numerous accolades, with 11 members being recipients of the coveted national award. Mohit's exceptional talent in sandalwood carving was recognized when he was a mere 14 years old, as he was bestowed with the state award for excellence in 2008-09. Later, in 2018-19, he was conferred with the Young Artisan award by the Crafts Council of India.
In addition to his impressive achievements, Mohit has set a world record for crafting the tiniest playable violin and two national records for fashioning the smallest violin. This masterpiece stands at a mere height of 130mm and a width of 19mm, a testament to his creativity and ingenuity.
Art Exhibitions & Events:
1. PRIVATE ART SHOW IN WASHINGTON DC. NOVEMBER 2016.
2. THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL EXCHANGE EVENT IN WENZHOU, CHINA.
3. THE 2ND “BELT AND ROAD” INTERNATIONAL ROOT CARVING CULTURAL EXCHANGE WEEK IN KAIHUA, CHINA.
4. WORKSHOP IN WENZHOU SPECIAL EDUCATION SCHOOL.
5. SURAJ KUND MELA ART FAIR.
6. DILLI HAAT MASTER CREATION ART EXHIBITION.
7. Art Show at DELHI ART MUSEUM.
International Exhibitions Links:
-THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL EXCHANGE EVENT:
-THE 2ND “BELT AND ROAD” INTERNATIONAL ROOT CARVING CULTURAL EXCHANGE WEEK:
International Magazine Articles:
1. WOOD CARVING MAGAZINE, USA 2015
2. WOOD CARVER MAGAZINE ITALY2015
3. WOOD WORKERS INSTITUTE MAGAZINE LONDON 2015.
"MASTERFUL CARVERS OF RAJASTHAN” IN HINDUISM TODAY MAGAZINE PUBLICATION USA 2016.